Vice President of Development and Construction
The Vice President of Development and Construction will manage multiple development/construction projects, including occasional greenfield development, renovation/rebranding of newly acquired facilities and capital maintenance and upgrades at existing properties. This individual will work closely with (i) our Managing Director, Development and Construction, (ii) members of our operations teams, (iii) local managers and maintenance personnel at our parking locations and our senior housing and land-lease communities and (iv) internal and third-party legal counsel, engineers, architects, vendors and contractors.
Key Responsibilities (typical project):
- Work with the appropriate operations, marketing and management teams to establish a preliminary project scope of work; use regional construction cost data and previous experience to prepare preliminary budgets for the work
- Negotiate the appropriate contracts with design or engineering professionals to document the work that will be completed, working with operations, marketing and management teams to ensure that the designs meet all their requirements
- If required, procure necessary entitlements for the project from the local governmental agencies having jurisdiction over the work
- Obtain competing bids to complete the work from qualified contractors
- Negotiate construction contracts with the lowest qualified bidder and obtain internal approval of the final project budget and schedule
- Ensure timely coordination and open communication among various design, construction, operations, marketing and management team members throughout the project
- Report to internal teams on a weekly basis regarding the project schedule and cost vs. budget
- Make periodic site visits to coordinate project completion with design professionals and contractors
- Review and approve monthly draws
- Perform final inspections and project close-out
Key Responsibilities (portfolio):
- Prepare annual capital budgets and five-year capital plans for each property
- Prepare preventive maintenance plans for all major facilities components, including sewer and water treatment plants, split HVAC systems, PTAC units, pumps, chillers and boilers, carports and canopies, asphalt, structural concrete decks, etc.
- Implement national purchasing programs for major property components such as PTAC units, split system HVAC components, carpet, water heaters, appliances, furniture, exercise equipment, vehicles etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent degree in Engineering or Architecture
- 4+ years of experience in a construction project role
- Proven problem solving and project management skills within the commercial construction or architectural design/engineering fields
- Adept with Microsoft Excel and Project and/or other construction scheduling/logic software
- Strong experience in financial modeling and valuation, including discounted cash flow modeling, IPO analyses, fund-level waterfall analyses, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while handling competing priorities and deadlines
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented and ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Experience with water treatment and waste water treatment plants a plus
Please email a cover letter and resume to CareerOpportunities@GreenCourtePartners.com. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.